What’s the right gas boiler for my home?
Thousands of homeowners trust our range of gas boilers to safely and efficiently heat their homes.
Most homes in the UK use a gas boiler and heating system to keep things toasty. However, if you’re purchasing a new boiler you may not want to choose a like-for-like replacement; upgrading to a more modern solution to save money in the longterm, or swapping to a solution that better suits your needs.
There are three main types of gas boilers available; combi boilers, system boilers, and conventional vented boilers (sometimes called “regular” boilers).
- Combi boilers
- System boilers
- Regular (Open Vent) boilers
The right boiler for your home will depend on the size, your heating and hot water requirements, and your budget.
- Better suited for homes with one bathroom
- Hot water is generated only when it’s required and does not need a water storage tank
- Compact in size, so ideal for smaller homes
- Better suited for homes with more than one bathroom
- Delivers a constant supply of hot water, so perfect for homes with higher hot water needs
- Needs a water cylinder to store hot water
Regular (Open Vent) boilers
- Better suited for homes with multiple bathrooms
- Ideal where a lot of hot water is used at the same time, in multiple rooms
- Regular boilers are compatible with solar water and heat pump heating systems